Thursday, May 2, 2013

My life's work has taught me about living and leading connected to your Purpose, your authentic self, and to what is truly meaningful.

One of the ways I stay connected to my Purpose, is through Philanthropy.  I currently sit on the board of trustees for “Hope to Haiti." A philanthropy project, that is committed to creating abundance business models within Haiti. We do this by providing resources, micro-loans, training and opportunities that empower and enable Haitians, to lift themselves out of poverty.

I highly recommend taking or joining me on what I call a "walking safari" or going off the grid, without cell phones, Internet, or e-mail for a week, 2 weeks or a month.

This is an experience for reconnecting with nature, the Earth, quiet, solitude, and to another way of living, as part of a sharing community, in order to also reconnect with what makes us feel genuine happiness. Disconnected from the demands of the world, we pause to reconnect with ourselves, "to quiet our own chatter,” to listen to others around us in a simpler place, in a different world where it is more conducive to stepping back. By doing so, we connect again with our own hearts and minds and really listen to our own voice upon what is most important and meaningful, so we can then listen more genuinely and contribute more generously, to others.


No comments:

Post a Comment